Who pays for my home Health services?
Medicare and most health insurance plans cover home health care at 100%, meaning that you will not pay any out-of-pocket costs. In addition to Medicare. Other entities can also pay for your home health care services such as the department of Veteran Affairs (if you are a veteran), auto insurance (if you are in a car accident), and worker’s compensation plans (if you are injured on the job). If you have a question, call our intake department at 313-878-2845 and our intake department will help you to determine who will cover your care and answer all of your questions. With us, there are no surprises.
What are the diagnosis that your staff commonly work with?
Our staff are fully trained in treating all conditions that a patient is diagnosed with and are fully equipped to treat patients with multiple conditions. Below are some examples
Neurological Conditions: Examples include Traumatic brain injury (TBI), stroke, spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer, Dementia, and others
Heart Conditions: Examples include Heart failure, Heart attacks, blood pressure, arrhythmia, coronary heart disease, cardiac rehabilitation after heart surgery,
Lung Conditions: Examples include pneumonia, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), lung cancer, asthma, pleural effusion.
Bone and Joint Conditions: Examples include fractures, joint replacements, torn ligaments, osteoarthritis, and post-surgical care after a bone/ joint surgery
Cancer Conditions: Our staff are trained in working with cancer patients while they are receiving medical treatments for cancer.
Balance and Vestibular conditions: Examples include dizziness, vertigo, and assessment and treatment of risk for falls.
These are just examples. We treat many more conditions. You can always reach out to us and ask if you have any questions. We are a phone call away. 313-878-2845.
How do I know that I will be getting the best care?
Getting the right care is more important than ever for you or your loved ones. Give us a call. We will answer your questions. Even if you did not decide yet, we will give you good questions to ask in order to find the right help.
What is our promise to you?
- Your care plan is as unique as you: Your treatments and care plan is specifically designed to fit your goals and needs.
- Optimal recovery outcomes: With a plan designed for you, your recovery time and outcomes will be optimized.
- Reliable and skilled professionals: Our staff are specifically trained to provide care for you. We always match your needs with an expert and a reliable clinician.
- Flexible scheduling: We will provide treatments at times and days that work for YOU
- Open communication: Our team members will keep open communication with you about your progress and care.
- Coordinated care: Our team members coordinate with each other to make sure your treatment goals are being met.
- Bilingual providers (if Needed). We have providers that speak Arabic, Spanish, Chinese, and many other languages if needed. Additionally, we have an-on demand, live translation services if needed.
What services will I receive?
Based on YOUR goals/needs and in coordination with your doctor(s), you will receive one or more of the following services and example of services they provide
Skilled Nursing care (SN): Helps in medical needs. Examples include:
- Medication teaching and management.
- Disease management.
- Skin and wound care.
Physical therapy (PT): Helps to restore mobility, balance, and walking. Examples include:
- Mobility training (moving in and out of bed, chair, car)
- Walking and stairs training
- Balance training
- Endurance training
Occupational therapy (OT): Helps to improve the ability to perform everyday activities safely without pain, falls or fatigue. Examples include:
- Adaptive equipment training.
- Energy conservation training.
- Range of motion and strength training.
Speech language pathology (SLP): Helps to improve speech, language, voice, cognition, and swallowing issues.
- Memory training
- Swallowing training
Medical social work (MSW): Helps to connect with community resources. Examples include
- Application for community organization services
Home health aides (HHAs): Helps to provide personal care assistance when applicable. Examples include:
- Help with bathing and showering.
Our team will provide you with treatments within each of these areas and will cheer you on as you make your way toward recovery and optimal health. We will also facilitate getting you any medical equipment (e.g. walkers, shower chairs), supplies, or medications
Why should I get home health care?
Home Health care is designed to help you successfully recover from an illness, an injury and/ or from a stay in a hospital or a skilled nursing facility. It is a service that covered by Medicare and most insurance plans at 100% (i.e. no out of pocket cost to you)
It also has the following additional benefits
- Accelerate recovery by restoring patient’s health to its highest level.
- Prevents costly hospital admissions, readmissions, and admissions to in-patient facilities like nursing homes.
- Reduce risks for falls, injuries, and infections after an injury or a hospitalization.
Why should I Choose Better You Home Health?
Recovering from any kind of illness is a journey of small steps forward, not only from a physical aspect but also from an emotional aspect. Our clinicians and staff will help you recover from the comfort of your home. We will ask about the goals that matter to YOU and make sure you achieve them through a team of dedicated clinicians. Our ONLY goal is to enable you to live your life to its fullest potential by helping to accelerate your recovery and getting back to doing the things that matter the most to you. We are guided by excellence, compassion, and respect for our clients, their family, and caregivers.